The Working Principle Of DMSGIProtector, Early Streamer Emission Lighting Conductor.
The Protectoris an active lightning conductor designed to conform to the French standard NF C 17102 (July 1995) for ESE lightning conductors. Its working principle evolves from local electrostatic field that develops naturally around the system as a thunderstorm begins to gather. In the event of a descending lightning, an inbuilt triggering device generates high-tension pulses at the conductor tip causing a ‘corona effect’.
As the downward leader approaches the ground powerful upward streamers get triggered off, aided by a strong venturi effect that is built in the system. The early synchronization between the downward and upward leaders thus achieved by the PROTECTOR, easily meetsthe triggering advance timing (Delta T) as laid down inthe French standard NF C 17 102.
Radius of Protection
The Protector provides wide range of zonal protection and meets the norms of various levels of protection as defined in the standard NFC17 102.
|Radius of Protection (m)|
|Height of the Conductor Tip (m)||2||4||5||7||10||20|
(Lightning intensity 2.8 kAmp and above)
(Lightning intensity 9.5 kAmp and above)
(Lightning intensity 14.7 kAmp and above)
The Protector has been tested and certified by the ODTU University Laboratories in Turkey (Europe).
- The Protector is an ESE type of ‘active’ lightning conductor that provides zonal protection in accordance with standard NFC17 102.
- The Protector is a sturdy robust device made of 304L stainless steel.
- It is protected against corrosion and needs no maintenance.
- Needs no external power source.
- Compact and easy to install.
- Warrantee for 2 years.
- Tested and certified by ODTU University Laboratories in Turkey (Europe).
- Large multistoried / high rise residential complexes and housing colonies. A single Protector can cover several blocks.
- Large multistoried / high rise office complexes, multiplexes, shopping malls, etc.
- Modern buildings housing IT office, BOP’s and concentration of sensitive electronic and / or telecom equipment.
- Factories having plc based controls for critical plant and machinery.
- Hospitals, cinema halls, museums, old monuments, schools etc.